Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Definitely getting close!

Well, we had a good false alarm last night. I had an hour of contractions about 6 minutes apart, then they went away, and then they came back every fifteen minutes or so, but they were still pretty wimpy. So Jim got home from work and I thought that it might be a good idea to finally pack us a bag for delivery, and while I was on my feet I was having them every 3 minutes, and they started to feel like they meant business! Still not getting too excited I went and laid down for awhile, and voila, the went away. If it was the real thing they wouldn't slow down or stop, so at no point did I really feel like we needed to call in to the midwives yet........ I woke up this morning and all is back to normal. So yes, a false alarm. It was weird, because I never had any false labor with Ivria. As soon as we started with her it was real labor. Glad I know the difference this time. I'd hate to be waking the midwives up at all hours for no good reason. I guess it's good that I'm not delivering yet, tomorrow we go in for an appointment to check on the baby and talk over our birth plan with the midwives. It's probably a good idea for us to get the details out of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment