Thursday, April 16, 2009

Men and Pregnancy.

Jim is "Nesting"


And he's making me nuts.......I don't dare fall asleep during the day or I might find my bathroom cupboards rearranged. :-) Not that I don't appreciate all his hard work, but inevitable there ends up being something I have to do once he has "organized". It's actually pretty cute. Neither Jim or I are typically well motivated people, so to have the trash and recycling taken out without asking is super! We even got an oil change done on one of the cars yesterday while we were out, and he is all excited to tear apart the desk contents and get that in order this morning. The one thing I have to remind him of is that I already had my "nesting period" about 5 weeks ago, when I dismantled every closet we have, and sorted all the baby's things. So I have a hard time keeping up with his energy! Yesterday I was laying on the couch and he was bopping around the living room telling me he wanted to reinstall baby gates and move furniture and put blinds in the kitchen and wasn't I going to buy new dishes this month? Anyway, all this energy just comes from his excitement that new baby will be here in as early as 3 weeks. our due date is 4/12 weeks away, but I'm preparing myself mentally for another possoble early baby. Ivi was born almost 2 weeks early so I'm packing my hospital bag with more time to spare this time around (as opposed to packing it as soon as we realized I was in labor).

No comments:

Post a Comment