Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Ooooooh. My oh my.

Currently doing a heart wrenching "CIO" with Meirah (cry it out). I don't think she managed to nap longer than an hour at any given point today..... she wanted to nurse all day, and I think she is to the point where she is smart enough to try talking me into letting her nurse to sleep every time. Some may say that's not a bad thing but our life is structured in a way where that is not always possible. So, she doesn't yet beleive me, but it is in her best interest to sleep a little more independently. At about six weeks of age Ivria did the same thing where she didn't want to sleep unless she was being held, so I suspect that it is partially a developmental thing. With Ivi I let her have a pacifier to sleep and that worked like a charm.... this one is such a light/busy sleeper that she distracts herself with the darn thing so that plan is out the window. Jim stayed with me today because of a killer migrane, and even with him home I accomplished nil :-) Mom has been here since June 3rd, but this week she is up visiting her mom, so I am all by myself during the day this week. I think I'm just having to resign myself to the fact that I'll not be able to accomplish things as well as I would like for the next few months. Just got to remind myself that these first few months are as precious as they are difficult, and they will pass quickly.

Good news is that Meirah's checkup went well :-) our little chunkerino weighs 10lbs and 11oz already! I was worried for some time because she wasn't making as many poopy dipes as I would expect, but the doctor says her positive (understatement lol) weight gain nullifies my concern. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment